Monday, July 23, 2012

WE FOUND A BEAR!

When we were initially setting up our wildlife cameras, I kept jokingly saying that we were going to capture a bear on film. I baited all the cameras using cat food, which of course I managed to get ALL OVER MYSELF. Cat food is smelly and viscous and generally reminds of carpet that hasn't been cleaned in a very long while, so I was really hoping that the camera set up would be worth it. We checked the cameras today, and when we uploaded our photos, we saw that a bear had, in fact, wandered through our little plot. If I had to name him, which of course I shouldn't because he is a wild being, I would name him Henry. After Thoreau obviously, because he seems like a wise and noble bear who appreciates the solitude of the forest. What a wonderful day to be a naturalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment